- 2009 - 2013 PhD in Mathematics, University of Warwick. Supervisor: Prof. David Preiss. Examiners: Prof. Giovanni Alberti, Prof. José Rodrigo.
- 2005 - 2009 BA and CASM (now MMath), University of Cambridge. Obtained with Distinction.
- 2017 - 2020 Postdoctoral researcher, Academy of Finland, University of Helsinki.
- 2016 - 2017 Postdoctoral researcher, University of Helsinki. Funded through the Centre of Excellence for Analysis and Dynamics.
- 2013 - 2016 L. E. Dickson Instructor, University of Chicago.
Awards and scholarships
- 2017 Postdoctoral researcher, Academy of Finland. €236,770. Project number 308510.
- 2014 Faculty of Science Thesis Prize, University of Warwick. Awarded annually for the best PhD theses in each department.
- 2009 Doctoral training grant, EPSRC. Three and a half year grant for tuition fees and stipend.
- 2007 Foundation Scholar, Queens’ College, University of Cambridge.
Talks by invitation
- Workshop on metric analysis and regularity, Università degli studi di Catania, September 2018. Purely unrectifiable metric spaces and perturbations of Lipschitz functions
- Harmonic Analysis and Geometric Measure Theory, CIRM, Marseille, 4th October 2017. Rectifiability of metric spaces via arbitrarily small perturbations
- Geometric measure theory workshop, University of Warwick, 10th July 2017. Rectifiability in metric and Banach spaces via arbitrarily small perturbations
- 23rd Rolf Nevanlinna Colloquium, FIM, ETH, 13th June 2017. Rectifiability via arbitrarily small perturbations
- Geometric Measure Theory and Its Applications special session, Spring Eastern AMS Sectional Meeting, Stony Brook University, March 2016. The geometry of RNP Lipschitz differentiability spaces, I.
- Analysis and Geometry in Nonsmooth Metric Measure Spaces special session, Joint Mathematics Meetings, Seattle, January 2016. The geometry of RNP Lipschitz differentiability spaces.
- Metric Spaces: Geometry, Group Theory, and Dynamics special session, Central Fall AMS sectional meeting, Loyola University, 3rd October 2015. The geometry of RNP Lipschitz differentiability spaces.
- Workshop in non-smooth geometry, IPAM, UCLA, 3rd May 2013. Structure of measures in Lipschitz differentiability spaces.
I have also been invited to speak in local analysis and geometry seminars at Chicago, Cimat, Connecticut, Helsinki, Jyväskylä, Notre Dame, NYU, Pisa, Princeton, SNS, UIUC, Washington.
Referee for Ann. Scient. Ec. Norm. Sup., Ann. Acad. Sci. Fenn., Anal. Geom. Metr. Spaces, Geom. Funct. Anal., Int. Math. Res. Notices, P. Edinburgh Math. Soc., Proc. Amer. Math. Soc., Publ. Mat., Rev. Mat. Iberoam.