2009 - 2013 PhD in Mathematics, University of Warwick.
Supervisor: Prof. David Preiss.
2005 - 2009 BA and CASM (now MMath), University of Cambridge.
Obtained with Distinction.
- 2021 - pres. Associate Professor, University of Warwick.
- 2019 - 2021 Assistant Professor, University of Warwick.
- 2017 - 2019 Postdoctoral researcher of the Academy of Finland, University of Helsinki.
- 2016 - 2017 Postdoctoral researcher, University of Helsinki.
- 2013 - 2016 L. E. Dickson Instructor, University of Chicago.
Grants, awards and scholarships
2020 ERC Starting Grant 948021.
€1.42M. Title “Structure theorems for modern aspects of Geometric measure theory”.
2017 Academy of Finland Postdoctoral Researcher grant 308510.
€236K. Title “Projections, densities and rectifiability: new settings for classical ideas”.
2014 Faculty of Science Thesis Prize, University of Warwick.
Awarded annually for the best PhD theses in each department.
2009 Doctoral training grant, EPSRC.
Three and a half year grant for tuition fees and stipend.
2007 Foundation Scholar, Queens’ College, University of Cambridge.
Awarded to students obtaining a 1st during their undergraduate degree.
Talks by invitation
- Paris-London Analysis Seminar, Institute Henri Poincare, June 2022.
- Workshop on Geometric measure theory and Harmonic analysis, HIM, Bonn, April 2022.
- NCTS International Geometric Measure Theory Seminar, July 2021.
- Geometric Measure Theory and applications, Cortona, June 2021 (cancelled).
- North British Functional Analysis Seminar, Birmingham, April 2021.
- Measure Theory with a Geometric Flavour, Shanghai, August 2020 (cancelled).
- Subriemannian geometry and beyond II, University of Jyväskylä, February 2019.
- Workshop on metric analysis and regularity, Università degli studi di Catania, September 2018.
- Harmonic Analysis and Geometric Measure Theory, CIRM, Marseille, October 2017.
- Geometric Measure Theory workshop, University of Warwick, July 2017.
- 23rd Rolf Nevanlinna Colloquium, FIM, ETH, June 2017.
- Geometric Measure Theory and Its Applications special session, Spring Eastern AMS Sectional Meeting, Stony Brook University, March 2016.
- Analysis and Geometry in Nonsmooth Metric Measure Spaces special session, Joint Mathematics Meetings, Seattle, January 2016.
- Metric Spaces: Geometry, Group Theory, and Dynamics special session, Central Fall AMS sectional meeting, Loyola University, October 2015.
- Workshop in non-smooth geometry, IPAM, UCLA, May 2013.
I have also been invited to speak in local analysis and geometry seminars at the following universities: Aalto, Chicago, Cimat, Connecticut, Edinburgh, Helsinki, Imperial, Jyväskylä, MPIM, Notre Dame, NYU, Pisa, Princeton, Rice, SNS, UIUC, Warwick, Washington.
2021 - 2025 Jakub Takáč
2021 - 2023 Matthew Hyde
- Co-organiser of the Warwick node of the LMS Harmonic analysis/PDE notwork (with J. Rodrigo).
Co-organiser of the conference “Geometric measure theory and it’s connections”, University of Helsinki, 4 - 8 June 2018 (with V. Chousionis, K. Fässler and T. Orponen).
Refereed over 20 articles for leading journals including: Acta Math., Ann. Sci. Éc. Norm. Supér., Geom. Funct. Anal., J. Eur. Math. Soc., Math. Ann.
- Book reviewer for Springer, Oxford University Press.
Autumn 2019, 2020, 2021 University of Warwick
CDT course for PhD students Graduate real analysis.
Autumn 2018 University of Helsinki
MSc course Metric geometry.
2013 - 2016 University of Chicago
Four undergraduate courses per year in analysis and linear algebra.
I have also presented a postgraduate mini-course “Rademacher’s theorem for metric measure spaces” at the University of Edinburgh (October 2018) and the University of Jyväskylä (February 2019).