- 2009 - 2013 PhD in Mathematics, University of Warwick. Supervisor: Prof. David Preiss. Examiners: Prof. Giovanni Alberti, Prof. José Rodrigo.
- 2005 - 2009 BA and CASM (now MMath), University of Cambridge. Obtained with Distinction.
- 2019 - pres Assistant Professor, University of Warwick.
- 2017 - 2019 Postdoctoral researcher, Academy of Finland, University of Helsinki.
- 2016 - 2017 Postdoctoral researcher, University of Helsinki. Funded through the Centre of Excellence for Analysis and Dynamics.
- 2013 - 2016 L. E. Dickson Instructor, University of Chicago.
Grants, awards and scholarships
- 2020 ERC Starting Grant 948021. €1.42M.
- 2017 Academy of Finland Postdoctoral Researcher grant 308510. €236K.
- 2014 Faculty of Science Thesis Prize, University of Warwick. Awarded annually for the best PhD theses in each department.
- 2009 Doctoral training grant, EPSRC. Three and a half year grant for tuition fees and stipend.
- 2007 Foundation Scholar, Queens’ College, University of Cambridge.
Talks by invitation
- Geometric Measure Theory and applications, Cortona, June 2021.
- Measure Theory with a Geometric Flavour, Shanghai, August 2020 (cancelled).
- Subriemannian geometry and beyond II, University of Jyväskylä, February 2019.
- Graduate student mini-course “Rademacher’s theorem for metric measure spaces” preceeding Subriemannian geometry and beyond II, University of Jyväskylä, February 2019.
- Graduate student mini-course “Rademacher’s theorem for metric measure spaces”, University of Edinburgh, October 2018.
- Workshop on metric analysis and regularity, Università degli studi di Catania, September 2018.
- Harmonic Analysis and Geometric Measure Theory, CIRM, Marseille, October 2017.
- Geometric measure theory workshop, University of Warwick, July 2017.
- 23rd Rolf Nevanlinna Colloquium, FIM, ETH, June 2017.
- Geometric Measure Theory and Its Applications special session, Spring Eastern AMS Sectional Meeting, Stony Brook University, March 2016.
- Analysis and Geometry in Nonsmooth Metric Measure Spaces special session, Joint Mathematics Meetings, Seattle, January 2016.
- Metric Spaces: Geometry, Group Theory, and Dynamics special session, Central Fall AMS sectional meeting, Loyola University, October 2015.
- Workshop in non-smooth geometry, IPAM, UCLA, May 2013.
I have also been invited to speak in local analysis and geometry seminars at Aalto, Chicago, Cimat, Connecticut, Edinburgh, Helsinki, Jyväskylä, Notre Dame, NYU, Pisa, Princeton, Rice, SNS, UIUC, Warwick, Washington.
Co-organiser of the conference “Geometric measure theory and it’s connections”, University of Helsinki, 4 - 8 June 2018 (with V. Chousionis, K. Fässler and T. Orponen).
Refereed over 20 articles for leading journals including: Ann. Sci. Éc. Norm. Supér., Geom. Funct. Anal., J. Eur. Math. Soc., Math. Ann.
Book reviewer for Oxford University Press.